Accomplished medical practice growth strategist and administrator.
Bill is a member of the American College of Healthcare executives and has 30 years of experience in the healthcare arena. His specialties include medical practice business development, growth strategy, enterprise growth and practice administration; most recently as CEO of Premier Gastroenterology Associates (PGA) in Little Rock, Arkansas.
As a business leader, Bill consistently focuses on improving the patient experience though employee development and engagement. This approach was a contributing factor in Premier Gastroenterology being named “Best Gastroenterology Practice in Arkansas” and Bill being recognized as “Best Boss in Arkansas”. Additionally, Bill was honored as a Healthcare Hero finalist in the healthcare innovation category for his work in practice development and enterprise growth.
Bill led PGA from initial development to a fully functioning practice and ambulatory surgery center with 60+ employees and 8 physicians. He was responsible for all activities associated with the start-up including (but not limited to) the development of growth initiatives, administrative structures, policy & procedure development and new service offerings, as well as physician recruiting and onboarding.
His past experience includes five years as an investment advisor with Shearson Lehman Brothers and 15+ years of experience within the medical device space in business development, product development, clinical applications and sales/marketing.
Master Certificate in Business Marketing
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- MGMA: Medical Group Management Association
- Harvard ManageMentor ® - Leadership Development
- Management and Executive Leadership Development
- ABPG Healthcare Hero finalist in Healthcare innovation
- Best Boss in Arkansas
CEO, Premier Gastroenterology
From inception to $12 million in annual revenue in 3 years.
Premier Gastroenterology Associates (PGA) is a group practice that was opened in Little Rock, Arkansas on June 1, 2018 by seven physicians who practiced together in the gastroenterology department at Little Rock Diagnostic Clinic. Bill joined the group in January 2018 and was responsible for all start-up activities required to launch the practice, as well as all administrative and executive management duties. Under Bill’s leadership PGA grew from inception to $12 million in annual revenue in 3 years. His responsibilities included:
- Patient transfer/acquisition from LRDC, file abstraction, patient outreach & transition from LRDC to PGA.
- Review and implementation of physician retirement/exit strategies, new partner buy-in programs and profit allocation models.
- Creation and execution of operating agreements and other corporate documents, creation of all policies & procedures, business plans and organizational structures for both the clinic and ambulatory surgery center.
- Development of business relationships and contracts, i.e., banking, legal, insurance and vendor agreements.
- Development of all H.R. requirements including staffing profile, recruiting/hiring, employee benefits and employee policies.
- Administration and management oversight for the clinic, ambulatory surgery center and the PGA land & realty company.
- Marketing, website, social media development and branding strategy.
- Creation of growth strategy and practice valuation enhancement plan.
In 2018 Premier acquired an 80,000+ square foot empty K-Mart facility in West Little Rock. Bill directed all activities required to acquire the property and complete the $35,000,00.00 project to develop a multi-use medical plaza: directing all aspects of budgeting, financial management, design and implementation for the development
CEO - Managing Partner, MD Growth Strategies
MD Growth (MDG) specializes in healthcare business development, patient acquisition programs and strategic planning to achieve higher practice valuations. MDG has a successful track record working with physicians, medical practices and healthcare related businesses across the country in the areas of new clinic start-up, growth strategies, enterprise value and administration.
MDG's client philosophy showcases successful experience working with clients in 12 states opening and growing medical clinics and ambulatory surgery centers, as well as extensive clinical experience working in a variety of hospital, surgery center and medical practice environments.
As business leader of MDG Bill advised his partners and staff on business direction and business development activities, as well as providing direction and oversight to team members as they developed client growth strategies.
Director of Operations, Epoch Men'sHealth
Bill was responsable for facilitatating all aspects of launching the Epoch Men’s health brand for Arkansas Urology Associates, a large regional urology practice located in Little Rock Arkansas. As COO for Epoch, he was responsible for all start-up activities and subsequently managing all operations for four freestanding men's health clinics. During his time with Epoch daily patient visits grew 137%, and monthly single clinic revenue grew over 135%. His responsibilities included:
- Chief Operating Officer for the Epoch Men’s Health Enterprise for Arkansas Urology.
- Recruiting, hiring and training staff including Physicians, Advanced Practice Nurses, P.A.s and LPNs.
- Financial & personnel management, including H.R. and benefit administration.
- Oversight of credentialing and the EMR (Athena) implementation process.
- Vendor contract negotiations and relationship management.
- P&L & AR management, and Coordination of revenue cycle management activities.
Director of Marketing, Vein Centers of Texas
Member of the executive management team. As Director of Marketing, Bill directed growth activities for one of the largest vein treatment practices in the U.S. as they expanded operations to new geographic locations in Texas. Business development activities focused on patient acquisition activities, which included branding, marketing advertising and developing relationships with referring physicians. Highlights include:
- Revenue growth from $4,000,000.00 annually to $18,000,000.00 annually.
- Managed an annual $2,000,000.00 marketing and advertising budget.
- Managed all practice representative activities in 4 locations in Texas.
- Expanded from one location to four across Texas within a 24 month timeframe.
Fortune 500 medical organizations
Medical/Surgical business development, Medical Practice client development
Bill was a consistently high performer with healthcare organizations the caliber of United States Surgical Corporation (Covidien), Stryker Medical and Spacelabs Medical. He maintained a high level of customer satisfaction while developing and exceeding corporate sales & marketing initiatives and enterprise growth programs in Hospitals and clinics across the country. Implemented hospital financial management programs focusing on operating room and ambulatory surgery center equipment acquisition ROI, and implemented practice growth programs focused on new patient acquisition.
In business development roles he consistently ranked in the top 10% in goal attainment; and earned multiple national and regional awards. Roles included healthcare marketing development, sales, sales management and project management providing services into the following healthcare environments: Operating Room, Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab and all critical care departments, as well as outpatient surgery centers and physician’s offices.