Shewmake Plastic Surgery & The Skin Retreat
The Skin Retreat at Shewmake Plastic Surgery is a state-of-the-art physician directed MedSpa in Little Rock, co-owned by Kris Shewmake, MD and Jennifer Gabbard, RN. Dr. Shewmake is an acclaimed plastic surgeon, and Jennifer Gabbard is an accomplished R.N. as well as a sought after provider specializing in advanced laser procedures and injections.
Bill was retained to design and implement a “Best Practices” improvement program and both organizations, designed to bring both the medical practice and medSpa to a higher standard of efficiency and profitability. In a timeframe of approximately a year and a half we accomplished our scope of work, which included:
- Implementation of a new practice management/EMR software.
- Implementation of AestheticNOW, a dashboard centered platform designed to accelerate growth through digital outreach and marketing, utilizing CRM contact management. This platform manages such activities as email & text marketing, Email & Text reminders, social media and internet marketing with analytics, referral tracking and new patient acquisition tracking
- Revision of business practices for both organizations, including implementation of a new bookkeeping system and chart of accounts, updating the payroll system to accurately reflect the expense of shared employees, and updating employee compensation based on comparative data.
- Revision of the accounts payable system to convert to online payments and consolidation of vendors.
- Development of a benchmarking system utilizing key performance indicators we developed through consultation with medspa industry experts and utilization of data provided by AMSPA, the American Medspa Association. This allowed us to produce a monthly report which illustrated to the owners how their practice performance compared with national averages for performance and profitability. This is essential information for managing efficiency and profitability in any business.
Additionally, we led a strategic planning session utilizing high quality business strategies to identify ownership goals for revenue and practice growth over a 3 to 5 year timeframe; resulting in a "roadmap" of focus and activities designed to achieve those goals.